Thursday, August 13, 2009

In which I show no self-control...

So, just a quick post since I'm technically supposed to be packing. (Yes, that's right folks, the time has come: I have 6, count them s-i-x, days until I leave for college.
Alright, well, amidst all of the hullabaloo going on, (last day at work, packing for college, realizing just how much books actually cost, read: a LOT), I was starting to get a little frazzled.
Okay, I was about three seconds away from a baby-punching meltdown.
So, to curb this socially-unacceptable tendency, I went shopping. :D
Yes, you read that right. In the middle of trying to pay for books and tuition for my first year of college I, Weatherly, went shopping.
And I don't even feel guilty.
I browsed Goodwill for about an hour. (or... maybe two... I wasn't keeping track. ha)
I realize I should have saved this money. But it went to charity! And now, I've put a large dent in my wardrobe needs!
There'll be pictures later, I promise, but I sent this to a friend who was curious about my purchases, so I figured I would copy+paste it here.

I bought:
--a pair of jeans that are SO soft. They still have the tags on them, (regular price? ummm... $35ish. My price: $7) I don't technically NEED a pair of jeans, but these are light-wash in my sea of dark-wash. I have one pair of light-wash jeans already, but they are incredibly tight. Read: not. cute. These are great. I'm thinking of straightening the super-flare leg, but other than that: perfect.
--3 sweaters (all soft and lovely. Including a grey sweater, which I've been looking for FOREVER.)
--One perfect print dress that is the no-wrinkle material and looks, surprisingly, really good on me.
--One really cute purple jersey dress with brass stud things around the neckline... Looks sort of like something you would wear to homecoming. I bought it for parties, but it would probably look cute thrown over a tee shirt with tights and boots. hmm
--One amazing cranberry-colored sheer blouse with fabric-covered buttons
--One polka dot teacup for my mom. (She's obsessed with polka dots. I don't know if you noticed our dishes... but it's sort of a problem.)
--One green scarf with blue squares on it. (summer scarf, not knit.) Actually, I think it might have been an ascot, since it was over by the suits. It's cute because it makes me think of my grandpa, in a good way. I think I'll use it as a headband.
and, the piece de resistance:
--a gorgeous caramel-colored vintage bag with gold buckles and white stitching, very reminiscent of Chloe. (erm... fashion designer, if you didn't know.)

I put back a lot of stuff, including one really cool dress that was a black tank on top with ruffles around the sleeve openings and a grey pleated skirt bit, empire waist sort of like what you're talking about, and had a deep scoop back. It was so cute. But I have way too much black in my wardrobe, and I'd already picked up a heck of a lot of stuff, so I put it back. Oh well.

wow...
I basically have my fall wardrobe, now.
And it cost half as much as ONE sweater from J.Crew.
nice.


(yes, I realize I just wrote a novel on what I bought at the thrift store. sorry. I was happy... still am, actually. Who says retail therapy doesn't work? ha)

No comments: