Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Place of One's Own...

I'm moving into a dorm soon (I think I may have mentioned it... oh... a billion times.)
and I'm really excited about decorating. However, this is pretty much limited to picking twin-size bedding (I'm making a duvet cover, to avoid Target comforters), and posters (although I do have one real painting by my brother-in-law that I love and I hope will fit...)
I just can't wait until I have an apartment.
I know, that's strange I guess. I mean, I'm not really looking forward to paying for it (my scholarship covers my room at college), but I just want to buy a couch of my own, you know?
Anyways, until that happens I will amuse myself by finding things to fill my (imaginary) place. :) I think my style is sort of vintage romantic with a bit of oddity thrown in, for spice:
This bed is so lovely it hurts.


This gorgeous cabinet, via my the always-covetable Anthro


Cute little magazine holder, via Etsy shop Paperdollwoodshop


Brass mouse paper spike (these things always scare me a little, in a good way) via Etsy shop ImSoVintage


And finally, this amazing sofa via Anthro (again! I'm like their loveslave)