Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why hello there

I'm kind of busy, so I'll make this quick:
almost completely finished my knitted knucks using this tutorial:

It's a very good overview, I highly recommend it. These things are extremely fast knits, so I'm thinking someone's getting some for Christmas... :)
Hmm...
Oh- I went to the library today (and yesterday, and the day before...) and got the first haul of books to start my summer reading intensive. I was actually quite proud of myself, a couple of them are from my challenges. Huzzah!
Library Haul:

books:
-Eat,Pray,Love- Elizabeth Gilbert (Non-Fiction Five Challenge)
-The Painted Veil- W. Somerset Maughan- (This is for a not-yet-explained personal challenge, Books with movies. More on that later, though.)
-The Gentle Axe- R.N. Morris- (I've been looking forward to this book since I saw its release-hype articles.
-The Lace Reader- Brunonia Barry- (Saw this on the new-release shelf and picked it up. My Novel teacher from high school read this with her book club and raved about it, so I have high hopes.)
audiobooks:
-Stephanie Pearl-McPhee Casts Off- Stephanie Pearl McPhee (Non-Fiction Five Challenge)
not pictured audiobooks:
-On Beauty- Zadie Smith- (1% Well-Read Challenge)
-The Eyre Affair-Jasper Fforde (I actually didn't realize this was the first in a series until I searched it on Goodreads... so I swapped it with The Bad Beginning... that's not cheating is it?)

No comments: