Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Dr. Horrible- The best thing since jam and toast.

Alright, so I have a confession to make: I don't watch Joss Whedon.
It's not anything personal, I don't have a grudge against him or anything. In fact, from what I've heard, I think we'd get along quite swimmingly.
It's just- I've never been in the right place at the right time to catch his stuff.
(that could have been worded better, but anyways)
I've never seen Firefly, I didn't watch Buffy, or Angel. It just hasn't been in the cards.
Until now.
(urgh- I wanted that to be cinematic, but it came off as cheesy. sorry sorry)

Dr. Horrible is the best thing since jam and toast. I'm not.
even.
kidding.

I stumbled on it today, (which, luck of all lucks, happened to be the day it premiered online. What are the chances?), and I'm officially in love.
It's hilarious.



DoctorHorrible.net says:
“It’s the story of a low-rent super-villain, the hero who keeps beating him up, and the cute girl from the laundromat he’s too shy to talk to.” says Whedon.

“Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog” will star Neil Patrick Harris as Dr. Horrible, Nathan Fillion as Captain Hammer, Felicia Day as Penny and a cast of dozens.”


I say: the first episode (of three) went up today, and I've already watched it twice.
It's funny, but not trying too hard, and I've already fallen in love with the dear old Doc. This is the beginning of something great.

Find it here: http://www.drhorrible.com

Trust me- it's golden.

1 comment:

e rega said...

I just watched this the other day~I love it!! And thanks for the nice words on Craftster.